Friday 31 March 2017

Kindred Spirits

Time stretches between us -
And -
I miss you like the Savannah misses the rain

For it is you who grounds me -
Stills my anxious heart
Calms my wandering, wondering mind

Time stretches between us -
And -
I miss you like the river misses water

For it is you who pulls me -
Sweeps my confidence to the top
Shows me to flow and flex

Time stretches between us -
And - 
I miss you like the cloud misses the breeze

For it is you who shows me -
The beauty you see
Within and outside of me

Shadows play on the Horizon
Dancing through the trees -
like the restless spirit in my soul

Time stretches for us -
For you are a kindred spirit
Found in common place

Stretching and bounded through time
Rupununi knows - 
For she gathers the restless souls

Shadows play on the horizon
Dancing through the grass
like the restless spirit in our souls








No comments:

Post a Comment

Ghost