Thursday 25 May 2017

Raindrop Memories

Gentle drops on rooftops
Misguide the sense of peace
Behind that cloud lies a power
Of life and death -of fluid water

Reminds me that a calm has a storm
Childhood memories of floods in July
Of red ants nests bundled tight - floating
Attractive to curious mind, but so dangerous

Reminds me-
Of a father whose soul was in the wild
And his heart in his children
Adventures in the Savannah - black mud and flooded plains
Reminds me -
Of a mother whose eyes saw clear
Saw the truth through the rain

Those thunderous drops on rooftops
Reminds me of bedtime stories
Of Vaquero Bom -Heario, Smellio, Seeio and maga horse too
Adventures beyond the night
Of Rupununi men and their might

Drumming on the roof reminds me-
Of rain beating in - feeling safe in their arms
While thunder roared​ and lightening struck
It became a thing to love - not to fear
Reminds me-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ghost