Monday 16 October 2017

Light and Dark

One day-
When it all comes to light
Maybe I won't be so afraid -
To turn my back on the dark
For fear that things watch me and I cannot see

But-
From what I know of the world
Darkness hides -
In those who hold the light
For it is light that casts the shadows
And make-
The darkness seem dread

For it is light that watches your back
As you walk to darkness
And-
To return to the light
The shadows cast behind
Impossible to move towards that light
For you must look to see-
What lurks in the shadows cast

It is the light-
That has taught you to be afraid
For it does not acknowledge-
The shadows that lurk in it's bright
It pretends at hope - a flicker and glimmer
And they say-
It is only in the dark, can you see the light
But I have seen-
The dark that is in the light

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ghost