Friday 10 June 2011

excerpt from email




First, there is this rasta man (yes uncle a rasta man) who bums electricity off my boyfriend's house.  Sometimes the connection comes undone when there is too much wind or rain or if i bump it accidentally. When this happens, I hear "sistren, oi sistren, de plug come out or we gah blackout?" or "Lee man, me lights cut our brethren, check if de connection safe." Its usually the same phrases :)  But he is a nice man.  But sometimes he plays music at the top of the volume--which i dont mind in the least.  What I mind is the type.  I call it death metal reggae.  Im not even joking.  You know how in death metal they scream profanities about death and devil and such.  Well its the same but about jah and weed and pussy.  Lee and I are tempted to plug out the connection at this point, but I dont care to see the death metal rasta-"hey sistren, deh music cut out-we gah blackout or wah?" LOL.  
 
Second, my garden is coming along nicely, but we have goats so i tie my gate.  The there are chickens....these chickens apparently dont belong to anyone and are referred to as wild fowls.  So they scratched out 4 of my bora seedlings, so Lee and a man named Crutchy (not sure why) created a lasso out of a fishing line.  Laid it down with some rice, one of the brave young cocks walked up and started eating so Lee pulled the line quickly and we caught ourselves some lunch LOL.  For some reason the chickens dont live in the yard anymore.... :)

  The rain has set in with a vengeance and the road the govt built is often referred to as "govt death trap road" "govt swimming pool" and my personal favorite "govt skating rink" :P  Yesterday Lee barely crossed a creek so he may be locked off and I dont know when I  will see him again.  He put on a snorkel on his jeep, but because of so much water there is alot of problems with four wheel, the bearing and defferential 

I got a dog.  I didnt get her, she got me.  She lives in my yard and follows me to work.  I call her rasta girl because she has one long dreadlock of a tail.  She is quite fat so I think someone owns her.

1 comment:

Ghost